This roasted cod recipe will make a smart looking supper or dinner party dish.The cod is perfectly complemented by the intense salty flavour of the Parma ham and a rich smoky contribution from the smoked salmon. We have it paired here with some couscous but the recipe will work just as well with roasted summer vegetables such as asparagus or courgettes and some new potatoes.
This is a quick and easy recipe that will serve four people. Allow about five minutes for the preparation and 25 for the cooking time.
Roasted Cod Ingredients
4 x 160g cod portions from Walter Purkis and Sons
4 slices of Walter Purkis and Sons smoked salmon
4 slices Parma ham
4 sage leaves (plus a few for the garnish)
- 240g couscous
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 240g butternut squash, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 12 mini plum tomatoes, halved
- Chopped parsley
- 480ml vegetable stock
- 100g smoked salmon flakes
Roasted Cod Cooking Method
- Lay out the Parma ham, layer with a piece of smoked salmon, place a sage leave on top, then a cod portion and roll up to secure.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the wrapped cod portions, sear on all sides, then place in the oven at 180C for approximately 5 minutes, or until just done.
- Place the couscous in a pan over a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until lightly toasted, remove from pan.
- Heat a little oil in the same pan and add the onion, courgette, and squash, cook until starting to soften, add the couscous and stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for around 10 minutes, add the tomatoes, and cook until the couscous is tender, stir in the parsley, and the flaked hot smoked salmon.
Spoon the couscous on to the plates and top with the roasted cod parcels. Garnish with a few sage leaves and maybe a green or tomato salad on the side
This recipe comes from www.fishisthedish.co.uk – give them a visit for more fish recipes.