This salmon pomegranate recipe is delicious to eat and easy to prepare. It is a flexible dish that is great served hot with some simple boiled rice and green beans, or at room temperature with a cucumber pickle salad and some simply dressed spinach leaves. It takes very little time to cook and dotted with some little pomegranate gems, it looks delightful on a plate. This Middle Eastern dish is a great recipe for all the family, children will love the fruity sweetness of the pomegranate.
This salmon pomegranate recipe and the photography comes from one of our customers local Master Chef finalist, food blogger and private dining chef Emma Spitzer. You can find out more on her website www.emmaspitzer.com >> (lots of tasty recipes)
The measures here are for four people. Allow about five minutes for preparation and fifteen for cooking time
Ingredients For Salmon Pomegranate Recipe
4 Pieces Salmon fillet from Walter Purkis and Sons
2 Teaspoons Brown sugar
1 Teaspoon Cornflour
1/2 Teaspoon Sea salt
1 Tablespoon Rapeseed Oil
2 Teaspoons Pomegranate Molasses
Cooking Method For Salmon Pomegranate Recipe
If you don’t have a frying pan that can go into the oven, make sure you pre-heat a baking tray ready for transferring the salmon onto.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 conventional, 180 fan.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cornflour and the salt and rub over the flesh over the salmon and twist a crack of black pepper over the top
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil; when its very hot, add the salmon fillets flesh side down to sear for 2 minutes
- Turn the fillets over and cook on the skin side for a further minute before adding the pomegranate molasses evenly over each fillet using a pastry brush.
- Add the frying pan to the oven (or transfer the salmon to the pre-heated baking tray) and cook for a further 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds over the top and enjoy!