Try this Squid and Monkfish stir-fry; fresh and tasty with a little chilli to fight of the cold weather. Very quick and easy to prepare very delicious to eat. This recipe will make a good lunch or supper dish. Come in and see us for the main ingredients
Allow about 10-12 minutes for preperation time. This dish will only take about 6 minutes to cook
These ingredient quantities will serve 2 people
Ingredients for Squid and Monkfish Stir-fry
- 150 grams squid (including tentacles), chopped
- 300 grams monkfish tail, chopped
- Half a green chilli, finely chopped
- Half a red pepper, sliced
- Half a red onion, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 3 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
- Half a tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 and a half tablespoons sesame oil
- Half a tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 pak choi
- 100 grams noodles
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
Cooking method for Squid and Monkfish Stir-fry
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the noodles according to instructions on the packet. Drain and cool the noodles under cold running water and put to one side.
- Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke. Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil, the monkfish and squid and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove the fish to a warm plate.
- Return the wok to the heat and add 2 tbsp of sesame oil with all the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and sweet chilli dipping sauce to the vegetables and warm.
- Add the fish and the noodles to the wok and stir to combine. Heat for one minute.
- Serve the stir fry with a sprinkle of chopped coriander.
Alternative fish you can use for this recipe
This is quite a flexible recipe any of the fish below would work well. Try different combinations to get your perfect version.
This recipe comes from www.fishisthedish.co.uk – give them a visit for more fish recipes.