This lobster thermidor recipe has real celebrity credentials: You may have seen rapper Snoop Dogg cooking on his TV show the Emmy-nominated “Martha and Snoop’s Potluck Dinner” now he is following up with a cookbook and a collection of 50 recipes. This tasty lobster recipe is one of his signature dishes.
Quantities below will feed six people
Ingredients for Snoop Dogg Lobster Thermidor Recipe
3 1¼-lb [570-g] lobsters
4 Tbsp [55 g] unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
¼ cup [35 g] all-purpose flour
⅓ cup [80 ml] dry white wine
1 tsp dry mustard
2 cups [480 ml] heavy cream
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
1 cup [80 g] shredded Gruyère cheese
1 cup [30 g] grated Parmesan cheese
¾ cup [60 g] crushed butter crackers
¼ cup [10 g] chopped flatleaf parsley leaves
½ cup [50 g] chopped scallion, white and light green parts
Cooking Method For Snoop Dogg Lobster Thermidor Recipe
1. Fill a large bowl with ice and water and set aside. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Fill a large stockpot three fourths full with water. Place it over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the lobsters. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until they turn red. Transfer the lobsters to the ice bath to stop the cooking.
3. When cool enough to handle, using a sharp knife, halve the lobsters lengthwise. Remove the meat and place it in a small bowl. Remove and discard the innards. Rinse the lobster shells and place on the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
4. Preheat the broiler, with a rack in the middle position.
5. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Swirl the skillet to cover the bottom completely.
6. When the skillet is hot and the foam has subsided, add the garlic and shallots. Cook for 30 seconds. Gradually add the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes, whisking until the mixture is thick and pale yellow. Whisk in the wine, mustard, cream, salt, and pepper until smooth.
7. Stir in the Gruyère and Parmesan cheeses until melted and thick. Stir in the lobster meat until just coated. Remove from the heat. Divide the mixture among the lobster shells. Sprinkle the top of each lobster with crushed crackers.
8. Place the lobsters under the broiler for 4 to 5 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Garnish with the parsley and scallion. Serve warm.
I like to serve the lobster claws whole so we can all get it crackin’ together with that extra meat and wild out at the dinner table.
This recipe comes from From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen by Snoop Dogg (Chronicle Books, £17.99) Click to buy
Image credit: © 2018 Antonis Achilleos and Heather Gildroy